Musings of a YA author throwing herself into the fray. Join me on the journey ...

Thursday, October 27, 2011

So, I'm in Love with a New Book!!!

I picked up Virtuosity by Jessica Hernandez on Tuesday, just for the heck of it. Amazing cover, interesting sounding story, I was in the mood for a contemporary ... and I ended up falling in love with it, and it's two main characters. In fact, I liked it so much that I ended up reading it all in one sitting, while my own book languished on the computer ... but we're not talking about me, lol.

Anyway, here's the summary:

Now is not the time for Carmen to fall in love. And Jeremy is hands down the wrong guy for her to fall for. He is infuriating, arrogant, and the only person who can stand in the way of Carmen getting the one thing she wants most: to win the prestigious Guarneri competition. Carmen's whole life is violin, and until she met Jeremy, her whole focus was winning. But what if Jeremy isn't just hot...what if Jeremy is better?
Carmen knows that kissing Jeremy can't end well, but she just can't stay away. Nobody else understands her--and riles her up--like he does. Still, she can't rust him with her biggest secret: She is so desperate to win that she takes anti-anxiety drugs to perform, and what started as an easy fix has become a hungry addiction. Carmen is sick of not feeling anything on stage and even more sick of always doing what she's told, doing what's expected.
Sometimes being on top just means you have a long way to fall...

If you get a chance, I strongly suggest you pick up this novel.  So good.  How about you?  Anybody reading anything particularly exciting these days?

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy that sounds fun! I swear, my TBR pile will never lose those few inches it was looking to cut before the holidays. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Bailey! I know. MY TBR pile is out of control. Of course, so is my TBW (to be written pile) ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete